Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:47:41 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sysadmin@alexdupre.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Localized mirror names

----Security_Multipart(Mon_Nov_17_19:47:41_2003_297)--

Alex Dupre <sysadmin@alexdupre.com> wrote
  in <61204080291.20031117100651@alexdupre.com>:

sysadmin> First of all, thanks Hiroki for your great work on mirrors.
sysadmin> The only (little) issue with this approach is that english
sysadmin> alphabetical order is often different from localized alphabetical
sysadmin> order. Since mirror sites are taken sequentially and then translated
sysadmin> we end up with a pseudo-random ordered list (for example Hungary ->
sysadmin> Korea in Italian is Ungheria -> Corea).

 It can be fixed.  I have found two problems in the approach after
 my commit: 1) translation of country names and 2) sort order as you
 pointed out.  The former is solved using transtable template (see
 doc/ja_JP.eucJP/share/sgml/transtable.{xml,xsl}), and I am working on
 the latter problem, implementing sorting entries based on the
 translated country name.  Stay tuned :)