Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2018 03:32:13 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What to do about rcmdsh(3) ?

Now that the rcmds are removed from base, it opens a question about
what to do with rcmdsh(3).
This is documented as
     rcmdsh =E2=80=93 return a stream to a remote command without superuser
And is implemented as a rather simple wrapper of getaddrinfo and exec.

This isn't something I'd imagine we'd add to libc now-a-days and is
currently broken by default (due to defaulting to _PATH_RSH)

I'm not sure there is much value in keeping this function around. I
did a rather naive search for uses of this function in ports and
couldn't find any. I'm preparing a more comprehensive patch for an
exp-run.

Does anyone have a reason to keep in libc? Any objection to removing
it? If no, is there anything special I need to do beyond just removing
the implementation and references?

--=20
Eitan Adler