Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 96 13:15:50 -0400
From:      hey@tuns.ca (Yingjun (Ian) He)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.05 CD Rom Installation

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.05 from CD Rom into a Pentium 166 system
with 128 Mb of RAM. What I did is :
        1) Partition my hard disk using fdisk. I have a 1.6 Mb IDE HDR.
           I set 100MB for DOS partition.
        2) Install Dos 6.22 into Drive C:
        3) Install CDROM Driver
        4) Boot the system and go to D: (CD Drive with FreeBSD 2.05 Disk in)
        5) Run install.bat from CD
        Now the system reboot from UNIX but it stops and leave a blank screen
Can you tell me what is the problem? Thank you!

Ian He

  Ian Y.J. He  --->  Home Page: http://www.tuns.ca/~hey
                    --->  Email: hey@tuns.ca
                    --->  Phone: (902)420-7975
                    --->  Fax  : (902)423-0363
          Centre for Marine Vessel Design and Research
              Technical University of Nova Scotia
                 Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2X4
                              Canada