Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:45:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Loren Koss <loren@pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How does RC.CONF work??

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BDFC57.BD9ED7E0

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Loren Koss wrote:
> when I switch out my sysconfig and use rc.conf instead, I get hundreds of weird errors, my network cards don't work, and my machine name becomes "Amnesia."  WHat is going on?  I've gone through the rc.conf file and set everything up (i think) properly.
 What am I missing?  I am running 2.2.7-STABLE.

Pretty scary isn't it :)

You have an old /etc/rc that's looking for sysconfig, not rc.conf
Get a new (2.2.2+) /etc/rc

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BDFC57.BD9ED7E0--