Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:22:38 -0800
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh - are you nuts?!?

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 03:37:43PM -0800, opentrax@email.com wrote:
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> Next month I'm giving a talk about the evils of SSH.
> The talk schedule is posted on:
> http://www.svbug.com/events/
> I've already circulated this message to the OpenBSD
> 'tech' mailing list and the NetBSD 'security' mailing
> list. Now, I've like to hear from the FreeBSD community.
>
> The question asked is: why you believe ssh is beter
> than say telnet. Or what advantages SSH has in general.
> Please note, I'm not here to flame or troll, just
> ask questions. Your responses determine the tone
> of all conversations.

The tone of your initial post will more likely set the tone of this
conversation.  Try to be more objective when you find technical
problems with security software that people trust.  Saying "ssh - are
you nuts?!?" is kind of like yelling "fire" in a theater.  It makes
you look like a troll (despite your claim that you are not), and it
trivializes anything important that you might have to say.  Because
of your tone, it is unlikely that anyone here will take you seriously.
This is a shame considering that you might have important issues to
raise.

Good luck on your talk,
-brian

--