Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 18:38:02 +0200 (EET)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty), multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, don@partsnow.com, tristan@mpegtv.com
Subject:   Re: RTP tools (was: Re: Remote and Voice control)

Luigi Rizzo writes:
 > > The full screen playback is a low level X thingie and either we will
 > > > hardware than similar function performed under Win95. I only wish we
 > > > could get full screen operation for mtv in the future (Tristan?)
 >
 > What I usually do in this case is to have a small-resolution mode in
 > XF86Config (e.g. 400x300 etc.) so when I want to see full screen video
 > (with tv/fxtv/vic at least) I switch video mode (with CTRL_ALT-+) to
 > one matching the size of the window I want to watch.

Yes, my question would be can this be done from the application? That
is run a "fullscreen.c" and then it would do this trick and fire up
MPEG-TV or whatever.

 > The of course move a couple of meters away from your screen :)

Yes. I've been looking at the TV-out cards but haven't decided on any
of them yet. However since my TV has RGB input, would anyone know if
XFree can be tuned to small enough resolution with interlacing to be
displayed on the TV?

Pete