Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2020 09:53:25 -0400
From:      Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UEFI dual boot

I find "rEFInd" (http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/) to be a reasonable tool
for this.  In the windows EFI partition, you can drop the refined install
and then add boot.efi from freebsd.  If you tell EFI bios to pick up
rEFInd's .efi, it will display a graphical or text menu with all the other
.EFI choices.

If your FreeBSD is already booting by EFI, then you can just move that
partition onto the new disk.  If not, leave a partition available when
installing windows.

FreeBSD also has loader.EFI.  I have found some systems where boot.efi
doesn't determine the resolution correctly.  To use loader.efi, you need an
efi partition large enough to hold /boot/kernel --- but it does work well.