Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2014 20:43:57 +0100
From:      Vassilis Laganakos <vassilis@einval.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few linux-f20 ports and Skype 4.3

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to email about the Linux emulation
layer.

It was identified in the recent Cambrige Dev Summit the need to keep f10
base working as well as add Centos6, Centos7 and Fedora 20. xmj is working
on f10 and AllanJude on Centos6 and Centos7, last time we discussed about i=
t.

So I put together a few linux-f20 ports at: https://github.com/vassilisl/fr=
eebsd-linux_base-f20
that seem to be enough to have run the Skype 4.3 port that I've placed at:
https://github.com/vassilisl/freebsd-ports/tree/master/net-im/skype4

The test environment is the lemul branch (put together by dchagin) on an
AMD64 box, where currently linux and linux32 have beed decoupled from
linprocfs, linsysfs and linux_common. Both linux32 and linux kernel modules
were loaded at the same time, when skype4 launched and signed in with a test
account.

The linux-f20- ports are not polished, I need at least to fill in their
interdependencies and conflicts with existing ports; they have however been
checked with portlint. Currently only the i686 part is present.
I plan to extend them with their respective x86_64 parts, which in the past
have been used to get the ARM Foundation Model work on top of the 64bit
linux emulation layer.

Hope somebody finds this useful! Once the ports are in a better state and
closer to submit quality I'll send them over with send-pr.

Please let me know what you think :)

Regards,
Vassilis

--=20
    =E2=80=9CPrediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the fut=
ure.=E2=80=9D =20
    =E2=80=95 Niels Bohr

             F5E2 30B5 72BB DB1E EB24  B06F 6986 DE46 E128 CC4A

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--