Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:30:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Salem <ben177@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting up a Serial Terminal on cuaa2..."cuaa2 not configured?"

I Wish to set up a serial terminal on COM3 (cuaa2).  I have it set up
in ttys correctly, but when I do an 'stty -f /dev/cuaa2 -a'  it replies:

stty: /dev/cuaa2: Device not configured

I have set this same terminal up on cuaa1 and worked fine, so I
suppose what I am asking is, how do I configure cuaa2 for use with a
serial terminal, and maybe for use with other devices such as a modem
later on?

Thanks for your help,
Ben