Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 95 13:10:32 CST
From:      "Craig M. Jones" <cmjones@wolf.co.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   950322-SNAP adaptec AHA-2940 pci card

Hi
I have been using FreeBSD 1.51 for a long time now & am very impressed with
FreeBSD. It has been working as our network server very nicely.
Thanks to all the people working on it!

Now for the problem.
I am installing 950322-SNAP on pentium 90 pci with an adaptec 2940 scsi
controller. The boot floppies finds the card & I can install all the way to
the reboot from hard disk. While rebooting it hangs on waiting for scsi
devices to settle. I then booted the fixit disk, which booted ok. I can
mount & use the hard drive with this disk. I tried to lower the bus speed
as somone else on the list suggested from 10MHZ to 5MHZ no luck.

Any sugestions?

Craig Jones
Univ. of Minnesota
cmjones@wolf.co.net