Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:26:47 -0700
From:      David Bushong <david@bushong.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   screen-3.9.8 + vt100 line-drawing chars problem

Hello,

On multiple 4.1-STABLE machines, when I built and installed the screen-3.9.8
port I ran into a problem.  vt100 line drawing sequences ( ^[(0 and whatnot)
no longer "work".  That is, they are not passed through, which makes using
programs like lynx and mutt much less pleasant.  If I use the screen-3.9.8
client to connect into a detached screen "server" circa 3.9.5, it works fine,
which is very odd, but if I start up a fresh pair, no luck.

Suggestions?

Further note: building and installing 3.9.8 on FreeBSD 2.2.x it works fine...
(but it's linked with libtermcap, not libncurses)

--David Bushong