Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 15:10:49 -0600
From:      Matt Midboe <matt@iquest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SoundBlaster Pro in FreeBSD 2.0R

Okay, I read through the archives on sound blasters and messed around
with the kernel configuration and still can't get it to work. Before
it recognized the sound card as a Yamaha FM something, and I would
always get the PCM 0 device not installed error. Then I tried some of
the things I found in the mail archives (I know this is terrible vague
I'll try to get the kernel configuration tomorrow) and it recognized
the card as a SoundBlaster v3.01. Now when I try to cat things to
/dev/audio and so forth I just get nothing from the speaker and the
process seems to just hang.

So my question, what does it take to get the soundcard configured
right? I've got all the default sb pro settings dma channel 1, irq 7,
io addres 0x220.

Matt
matt@iquest.com