Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:34:22 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>, Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two ISP lines

On Monday 19 January 2004 18:50, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> > lines to the Internet: how would I use both? Could I just provide two
> > default routes? How? What algorithm would be used to choose among the
> > two? What if one failed?
>
> seems to be the topic of the week over at freebsd-questions. short end
> of the stick is, freebsd as it is today does not do multipath routing,
> so you cant add a default route to two gateways for round robin usage.
> however, there was a multipath patch for 4-STABLE some months back,
> though for the life of me, i don't know where it's archived anymore.
>
> check -questions archives for this thread.

take a look at secuirty/pf (from ports) it can make use of more than one
uplink. It provides round-robin and source-hash load balancing and you
can define even finer policy routing with it.

It works currently for 5.x only, for a 4.x version check KAME.

--
Best regards,				| max@love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661