Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:02:38 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd Mouse Wheel Problem

Thanks for the reply, Joe.

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 16:16 -0700, Joe Kelsey wrote:

> The MX700 uses buttons 6 and 7 to scroll up and down.  I remap the
> buttons on the moused command line:
>
> moused -m 4=6 -m 6=4 -m 5=7 -m 7=5

I will try what you suggest, but honestly this makes no sense to me.  If
the mouse wheel is not mapped properly, then using it to scroll down
should not work, and it does.  It should not work in the reverse
direction either, and it does, but unreliably.  It also does not explain
why changing the bit depth in X makes any difference, yet it does.  If
the mapping is not right, then the mouse wheel should not work at all.

Could you explain what I am missing?

Frank