Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 08:51:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question: 2.1.7?

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Joe Greco wrote:

> With the recent exploits for things such as talkd, sendmail, and the
> wonderful freakin' locale processing problem I see on bugtraq, would
> it be wise to consider a 2.1 point release that addressed these issues?
>
> If not, maybe a "patchkit" that could be installed (source or binary,
> whatever) could be done.  But I think a "2.1.7" type release would be
> most ideal...
>
> I would be happy to work on some of this, as I have already done the
> work for some of the problems.

I have already suggested a 'security update package repository' to Jordan
and Paul Traina.  They like the idea.  Still musing over the exact
implementation though.  But as soon as I get libc patches, I'll build
packages for 2.1.0, 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 and make them available from
somewhere, along with sendmail885.

regards,

Danny