Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:05:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        ken@kdm.org
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get 160MB/s LVD drives to use 160MB/s

In message: <20020416101205.A77341@panzer.kdm.org>
            "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org> writes:
: > There are several possibilities.
: >
: >  - your cabling or termination isn't right for Ultra160.  (You need a
: >    "twisty flat" cable with a terminator block on the end.)
: >  - you jumpered the drives for single ended mode
: >  - the SCA->HD68 adapters don't do LVD
: >
: > I would guess that the last one is probably the problem, since the first
: > two are more obvious.
:
: One other note -- the jumpers on the adapter are probably used for setting
: the SCSI ID, delayed start, led output, etc.  (There may be an LVD jumper,
: but it wouldn't make as much sense -- why should the adapter care?)

The SCA adapter box said that it was rated for LVD.  The cabling is
right for Ultra 160 (the "crinkle" twisted pairs), but the terminator
says "SCSI LVD SE TERMINATOR" on it and it was pointed out on IRC that
this was suspect.  I'm taking one of the drive to work today to see if
I can play with it there on my 160 system there....

Warner