Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:07:52 -0800
From:      mike.mcclain@shakeyjakes.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help!!! 2nd HD gone

Howdy oZZ,
    No, you've misunderstood, since this 3.4 system used to
see wdc1 and had partitions/slices mounted from /dev/fstab (wd2s*)
an upgrade would only further complicate the situation.
    I'm just hoping someone here can point out to me what I
might have re-configured to have made it go away. I'm convinced
it's a configuration problem because DOS and linux continue
to handle the drive as expected.
Any further thoughts?
TIA,
MiKe

Quoting 'Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,  osa@freebsd.org.ru'
On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 11:01:07AM -0800, mike.mcclain@shakeyjakes.com
wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> fbsd:~> uname -a
> FreeBSD playground 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #1: Sun Mar 26

At first time, you must up to RELENG_3.

Then, if it don't help, you must up to RELENG_4 (via RELEASE_4_0_0 or
other, please see handbook and archive of -stable maillist).

--
Rgdz,                                /"\
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,               \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN