Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:19:24 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
To:        Anthony Williams <anthony@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        "jenkins-admin@freebsd.org" <jenkins-admin@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-java@freebsd.org" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Jenkins and PAM problem with JNA 4.1

Anthony,

Thanks for submitting:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jna/pull/2

to fix the JNA library in Jenkins for FreeBSD.
I'm not sure if the Jenkins developers will accept it, but we'll see.
FreeBSD is low on their priority list. :(

I submitted another patch to the Jenkins developers
to change Jenkins to use JNA 4.1, which has the FreeBSD fix you
mentioned.  JNA 4.1 fixes things on other platforms like Linux on
ARM, so I thought that might get more interest from the Jenkins
developers:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/1387

I built my own jenkins.war file, which is available here:

When I start Jenkins with it, everything starts up fine.  When
I try to configure Jenkins to use Unix passwords,
none of my local Unix passwords work.  However, this time, I do *not* get
any errors in /var/log/jenkins.log, like I reported
in:

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-21507

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

If you or any other FreeBSD developer with Java expertise with
JNA and Maven files could help, I would appreciate it!

--
Craig