Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 00:29:11 GMT
From:      James Raynard <jraynard@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flaws in system() implementation?

>> > I have actually only got the x/open XPG4 spec which says that it is POSIX2
>> > compliant
>> Is this readily available anywhere? (I've got the CDROM on order -
>> lots of other useful stuff like RFCs on there, apparently).

>ftp://ftp.dgii.com/pub/uiarchive
>
>Might have a copy... I saved most of UI's archive when UNIX International
>went under, and Digi International (formerly Digiboard) was kind
>enough to give it a home on the net.  I know there is some advanced
>FS white papaers, some user asn system administration research,
>and DWARF and a draft copy of SPEC1170, among other things.

Thanks for mentioning this site. I've had a look at it now - some
interesting stuff there.

Apparently the XPG4 specs are only available from X/Open and cost
about GBP250/US$400. (At least that's what I understand from their Web
page - http://www.x.org).

(Apologies if someone's already pointed this out - I lost some mail on
Saturday night, so I may have missed an earlier reply).

James

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland