Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:53:28 -0500
From:      jleclerc@galea.com
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP port question IPFW

h323gatestat come from a videoconference, like NetMeeting.

/JOel

Anthony Kim <anthony@enteract.com> on 99/01/21 03:36:16

To:   "security@FreeBSD.ORG" <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
cc:    (bcc: Joel Leclerc/Galea)
Subject:  TCP port question IPFW

I'm sort of annoyed...there is some IP who is constantly filling up my
ipfw logs with TCP port 1719 attempts daily. The hours are late in the
evening until around 2am, then it begins again shortly after 6pm (he or
she must have come home from work and felt like bugging me). More
recently I see requests for TCP port 1106 in my logs as well from them.
A quick search on the web showed 1719 was h323gatestat. Can someone tell
me what that is? I didn't find anything on TCP port 1106 either. Any
info is greatly appreciated. Also, anyway I can track this person down?
traceroute works but no hostname returns.
Sorry if this isn't the correct forum.
--
SYSADMIN(1)
sysadmin takes care of everything, is generally harangued,