Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:39:04 +0930
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows X

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 08:37:13PM -0400, Robert Storey said:
> Dear Chris,
>
> I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers to this one, but I'll dive in.
>
> First off, I guess you mean Xwindows, not Windows X.

No.  It's not called X Windows.

As quoted from the X11 man page:

     The X Consortium requests that the following names  be  used
     when referring to this software:

                           X Window System
                             X Version 11
                     X Window System, Version 11
                                 X11

     X Window System is a trademark of X Consortium, Inc.

Cheers,

Adam

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale:  Eats lots and is fond of children.