Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:20:58 -0500
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@visi.com>
To:        Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup and ports-all

> I haved done a cvsup ports-supfile and the tree has been updated. Now
> how would I ``make'' and/or install the new files into /usr/ports? Or
> is that done automatically?

The ports tree is updated by what you did, but any ports you built and
installed before doing this will not have been updated.  If you want
to update the installation of a port you installed before, cd to its
directory under /usr/ports and do `make reinstall'.

I'm not sure if this answers your question though.