Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 00:06:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Eric M. Johnston" <ejohnst@green.mail.postal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems Booting HD

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Eric M. Johnston wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm having some trouble booting a newly installed FreeBSD partition.  At
> the boot manager prompt ("Default: ...") I've got the options of F1, dos,
> and F2, BSD.  My obligatory DOS partion boots fine, yet the BSD one
> refuses to boot: pressing F2 just causes it to repeat the choices and
> "Default: F?" prompt.

These problems are usually caused by geometry disagreements between the
BIOS and the rest of the world.  There isn't much you can do without
starting over from scratch.  I'd suggest trying OS-BS, which should be
near where you found the booteasy installer (bootinst).

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo