Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:47:19 +0900
From:      OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@be.to>
To:        knu@idaemons.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Order of CATEGORIES

In the message <86vh1jeugn.wl@archon.local.idaemons.org>
"Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org> wrote:

> I've found many elisp ports list their categories like "editors elisp"
> in that order.  But the Handbook says you should put more-specific
> ones forward.

> Thus I assume they should be "elisp editors" in this order, shouldn't
> they?

But "elisp" is a virtual category. The Handbook says:

  4.4.4.5. CATEGORIES

  This list also determines where in the ports tree the port is imported. If
  you put more than one category here, it is assumed that the port files will
  be put in the subdirectory with the name in the first category. See the
  categories section for more discussion about how to pick the right
  categories.

--
Tetsurou