Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:41:15 -0500
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Subject:   Re: Openoffice on sparc64

>>>>> "Kris" == Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:

Kris> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:45:03PM -0500, David Gilbert wrote:
>> Openoffice seems to require java.  The ports install of Openoffice
>> proceeds to try to install the FreeBSD java that bootstraps itself
>> with linux java.  Of course, the linux java doesn't run on sparc64.
>>
>> Are there sparc64 java binary packages that run on FreeBSD ... or
>> is there some other bootstrap mechanism that I can follow?

Kris> Not yet, but someone posted here the other day asking for
Kris> technical assistance in porting jdk13 (no response to the list
Kris> yet).

I don't suppose binary compatibility with solaris is good enough to
give us a leg up?  Does java cross compile in any way?

Is it possible to get openoffice working without java?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |