Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:59:47 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, babkin@hq.icb.chel.su, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, erich@lodgenet.com
Subject:   Re: DOS emulation (was Re: Networking in PCEMU (1/2))

J Wunsch stands accused of saying:

> I've already posted this to the freebsd-ports list, but got no
> response: i would like to pass over the maintenance of the `pcemu'
> port to somebody else who can dedicate more time to it.  I've still
> got some patches for EMS support sitting in the queue, there's Serge's

I'm sure I pestered you into adding that; you didn't actually commit
them?

> networking patch, there are lots of ideas around (including some of my
> own like enabling access to physical floppy drives and tty/COM lines).
> I feel that i will never get round to do all of this, even though i
> still think the Hedley emulator is technically a too fine piece of
> software to see it falling down some day... too bad that the original
> author has no longer any time or interest in pursuing it further.

It's a bit light on hardware emulation perhaps, but otherwise I'm inclined
to agree with you.

> So if anybody is willing to take over the maintenance of this port,
> get back to me.

Seeing as I'm already carrying the DOS emulation flag, I guess I'm the
bunny for the job.

--
]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au.au          [[