Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 08:34:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jakob Curdes <jc@info-systems.com>
To:        Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Cc:        Holger Bauer <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 7880 and smp system

On 27-Nov-97 Doug Ledford wrote:

>On 27-Nov-97 Holger Bauer wrote:
>>Nov 27 08:27:16 kirk kernel: aic7xxx: possible overflow at loop 6:8
>
>This message means that the 2.1.x version of the aic7xxx driver doesn't have
>the /proc filesystem clean ups that are present in 2.0.32 and as a result it
>is scribbling on kernel memory when you cat the /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0 file.
>Very bad thing.

I tried to install the new procfs and procinfo packages as
suggested by the 2.1.66 readme, but the install failed
with a bunch of undefined references. I just try to not
touch the proc system, ubt perhaps my lockups still come
from this
area.

Yours,
jacob

information Systems     Jakob Curdes
Norderstrasse 4         D-26123 Oldenburg
Phone xx49-441-84531    Fax xx49-441-8859580
E-Mail:                 jc@info-systems.com