Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:29:18 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports for any BSD (Was: Re: About the recent PORTCOMMENT issue.)

+----[ Esto dijo Kris Kennaway (kris@obsecurity.org):

| On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:00:27PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
|
| > but I think it would be beneficial for both to adopt a common (or at
| > least very similar) ports scheme.
|
| They have diverged too much to simply just change over to using
| theirs: both systems have features the other does not, leading to much
| pain, confusion and anger in the user community if we just switched.

+----]

Has anyone heard of openpackages yet? (www.openpackages.org)

I think the idea is to produce packages for all BSDs,
basically a cross-BSD ports/packages system.

Anyone from the FreeBSD ports working on it? Haven't
explored it much, but seems they're just beginning.

A great idea. BTW, Jordan Hubbard is one of the organizers,
and Apple is sponsoring it, among others.

Fernan

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o
http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan