Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 19:24:20 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Ralph Thomas Aussem <aussem@tu-harburg.d400.de>, richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with bt848 in FreeBSD 2.2.1

Hi,

> |>3) When you change tuner/video, what visual cues do you have that anything
> |>   happened -- you said you see the video signal change?
> |Yes. If I use xtvr I can HEAR the voice but only see snow on the window
> |of fxtv

not having seen the full message I can only guess, but it sounds like
the wrong set of frequencies are being used.

xtvr can't set for frequencies other that the drivers defaults.  fxtv however
can choose any of the legal sets. is the Fxtv file set to:

Fxtv.antennaFreqSet:       weurope

to use xtvr you could change brooktree848.c:

#define DEFAULT_CHNLSET	CHNLSET_NABCST

to:

#define DEFAULT_CHNLSET	CHNLSET_WEUROPE

--