Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:10:02 GMT
From:      Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/136865: [nfs] [patch] NFS exports atomic and on-the-fly atomic updates

The following reply was made to PR kern/136865; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To: Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/136865: [nfs] [patch] NFS exports atomic and on-the-fly
 atomic updates
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:07:57 +0200

 On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 03:15:56PM +0200, Martin Birgmeier wrote:

 > - What for is cddl.diff?
 > - I am heavily using zfs. Which patches from your patchset do I need to
 > get nfse to fully support zfs?

 I forgot to say, that cddl.diff also updates 'zfs sharenfs/unshare ...'
 and zfs does not verifies correctness of exports(5) or nfs.exports(5)
 settings.  There are several PRs related to the current code in zfs
 that verifies exports(5) settings.

 If it is not necessary to use 'zfs sharenfs/unshare ...', and it is not
 necessary to use NFSE dynamic commands (that are flushed after reloading
 of export settings) and it is not necessary to use nfs.exports(5) file
 format, then cddl.diff can be ignored.

 The cddl.diff file has only changes to the zfs program and does not have
 any changes related to ZFS in the kernel.