Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:51:29 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>, Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: subsequent package install of XFree86 under 3.3.3?

> You don't - you can grab the packages and install them or use sysinstall
> and do a Configure (post-install configuration) ...

That was my point.  I did this, and the menus simply loop back and forth
without installing X.

The progression is:

 # /stand/sysinstall
 - Configuration menu (post install)
 - Distributions
 - - XFree86
 - - - select distributions from Basic, Servers, Fonts, etc
 - Media (selected File System, as I have the first 3.3 Release CDrom
   mounted)

and then what?

"Distributions" doesn't do it, a "Commit" from the Index doesn't work, and
trying "Custom" doesn't do it (I haven't tried to respecify the
partitioning).