Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2020 19:12:13 +0530
From:      Rajesh Kumar <rajfbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netmap Library not getting installed on custom kernel installation

Hi,

Got around this issue by manually copying necessary in /usr/obj

Looks like libnetmap (src/lib/libnetmap) is not built and installed by
default. Manually built them and copied the "libnetmap.h" and
"libnetmap.so" (not just the header file) to appropriate directories in
/usr/obj helps to get past the issue.  But not sure why libnetmap is not
built and installed though "device netmap" is set in the config file.

Manually copying may not be the right approach. Can anyone suggest a
cleaner way of getting things done?

Thanks,
Rajesh.