Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 11:23:10 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        "Gandalf T. Grey" <gandalf24@hotmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd Query: Is someone 'camifying' ncv0 scsi?

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 04:51:27PM -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Gandalf T. Grey wrote...
>
> Well, in view of the fact that I've never even heard of a "ncv" driver, and
> can't find any reference to such a driver (*) in the pre-CAM -current tree,
> I think your chances may be kinda slim.
>
> (*)  I did find one reference to "ncv" in sys/i386/isa/scsi_dvcfg.h, but
>      that's it.
>
> So you'll need to explain what driver you're talking about, and what
> chipset it supports.  (i.e. what chipset is in this Panasonic SCSI card)
> As far as I know, there has never been a "ncv" driver in the tree.

The ncv driver appears to have been for Q-logic PC-card SCSI controllers
imported into PAO for 2.2.x from NetBSD PC98

However PAO for 3.x seems to have lost all scsi support. Is this because
of some clash with cam, or simply non of the chipsets have cam drivers?

2.2.8 PAO support SCSI PC-cards:

        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460                       OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460A                      OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460AJ                     OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460B                      OK      aic
        Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460J                      OK      aic
        ALPHA DATA AD-PCS2                              NG      ---
        ALPHA DATA AD-PCS201                            OK      nin *14
        CyQ've SFC-201                                  OK      nin *14
        Fujitsu FMV-J123                                OK      aic
        Fujitsu Towa Electron SC501                     OK      spc
        Future Domain SCSI2GO                           OK      stg
        IBM SCSI PCMCIA Card                            OK      stg
        ICM PSC-2401 SCSI                               OK      stg *9
        IO DATA PCSC-DV                                 OK      ncv
        IO DATA PCSC-F                                  OK      nin *14
        IO DATA PCSC-II                                 OK      ncv
        IO DATA PCSC-V                                  NG      ---
        KME CDWORKMAN (KXLC002)                         OK      ncv
        MACNICA MIRACLE SCSI II mPS-110                 OK      ncv
        Media Intelligent MSC-110                       OK      ncv
        Media Intelligent SCSI-2 PC Card MSC-200        OK      ncv
        MELCO IFC-DC                                    OK      ncv
        MELCO IFC-DC2 (SCSI2)                           OK      aic
        MELCO IFC-SC                                    OK      stg
        MELCO IFC-SC2                                   OK      ncv
        MELCO IFC-SCD                                   OK      aic
        NEC PC-9801N-J03                                OK      ncv
        NEC PC-9801N-J03R                               OK      ncv
        New Media BASICS SCSI                           OK      ncv
        NewMedia BusToaster                             OK      aic
        Pioneer PCP-PR24                                OK      nin *14
        Pioneer PCP-PW1W                                OK      ncv
        Qlogic Fast SCSI                                OK      ncv
        RATOC REX-5535AC                                OK      spc
        RATOC REX-5535AMC                               OK      spc
        RATOC REX-5535X                                 OK      spc
        RATOC REX-5535XM                                OK      spc
        RATOC REX-5536                                  OK      stg
        RATOC REX-5536AM                                OK      stg *9
        RATOC REX-5536M                                 OK      stg
        RATOC REX-5572W (as SCSI)                       OK      ncv
        RATOC REX-9530                                  OK      ncv
        RATOC REX-9835X                                 OK      spc
        SONY PRD-250 CD-ROM Diskman                     OK      aic *8
        SONY PRD-650 CD-ROM Diskman                     OK      aic *8
        TAXAN ICD-400PN (KME KXLC002)                   OK      ncv

stg is a future domain card, nin and spc are a mystery to me.

--
GeoffB