Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2007 04:16:18 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the art of pkgdb -F

--Sig_IiRkCkISzKCHm71wSWtEY7v

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:17:13 -0400
"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca> wrote:

> I'm looking at
>=20
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/pkgdb.php
>=20
> while I run it myself. I'm finding wonderful questions like
>=20
> Stale dependency: p5-Authen-SASL-2.09 -> p5-GSSAPI-0.24
> (security/p5-GSSAPI): p5-Geography-Countries-1.4 (score:26%) ?
> ([y]es/[n]o/[a]ll) [no]=20
>=20
> I must ask. How the hell am I supposed to know?? I build that as a
> dependency of something that I built months ago. There's a good
> chance that I'll be simply guessing at all of the answers.=20
>=20
> Is it really useful to run this if you can't remember? And why am I
> remembering anyway? That's what a packaging system is for, isn't it?

You can run:

	portmanager -u -p -l

That will rebuild all broken and or missing dependencies for all of
your ports.

If you just want to correct a single port, try this:

	portmanager /port/name-of-port -p -l

HTH

--=20
Gerard

Horner's Five Thumb Postulate:

	Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.