Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:26:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Grimm <grimm@shell.pgonline.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recovering from disaster, and other nastiness...

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> There's no way to influence it externally short of rewriting the
> virtual memory system, and I can't think of any reason to do that.
> FreeBSD has one of the best virtual memory systems you will find
> anywhere.

Hehe. Okay. No problem. I had just assumed that since one needs to
partition for swap space when installing FreeBSD, that such partitioning
is static, rather than dynamic.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone on the list who helped me out. :)
I've managed to recover gracefully from this, and everything is working,
now that it's back the way it used to be. (ie, without the new,
incompatible-with-my-motherboard RAM...)