Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:42:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jorge Aldana <jorge@salk.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port Netscape 4.7 install on FreeBSD 3.4

When I install the port netscape47-communicator.us on FreeBSD
3.4-20000124-STABLE I get the following error when I attempt to run it
eventhough on make/installing it, the make reported only the shared lib
X11.6 depended on it and it was found.

>netscape&
[1] 392
>ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXt.so.6.0"

[1]    Exit 1                        ./netscape

I know its an aout lib which was in /usr/X11R6/lib/aout on older
systems is it still needed? I also didn't find a port with libXt or Xt
included. I also installed all the compats for backward compatability.

Thanks,

Jorge