Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 08:27:54 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        arnaud.gibier@bt.com
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS Maestro 2E audio controller

arnaud.gibier@bt.com wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> I have installed FreeBSD-4.1 on a Dell Latitude CPx laptop. I am trying now
> to have my ESS Maestro 2E audio controller working.
> I have seen searching the mailing list archives on the FreeBSD website that
> this card was not supported but that some work was ongoing for the card
> driver.
> Could someone tell me where to find the latest (and stable) driver for this
> card?

	You can find what I've got for the Maestro 2E in my Dell 7500 :

http://www.randomnetworks.com/freebsd/

	My personal recommendation would be to cvsup to 4-STABLE because
Cameron Grant recently (~6 Oct) back ported support for the Maestro 2E
from -current.  If don't want to do that you can still use the drivers
I point to on the page above.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu