Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 13:56:45 -0400
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <freebsd07@wayne47.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 05:03:26AM -0700, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> If you are NOT using FreeBSD for any area or some areas , would you please
> list those areas with most important first to least important last ?

As mentioned by several others, once you have a single applicaiton
that demands Windows, you are mostly stuck running windows.

My single biggest complaint about FreeBSD is that there appears to
be absolutely no interest by anyone associated with the core team
in supporting one version for an extended period. Extended, in this
case, meaning 10+ years. Support meaning patching security
vulnerabilities and permitting ports to build. It does not matter
that that version will not run on current hardware or have new
features as long as it can continue to run on the original hardware.