Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:07:40 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   small heads-up: Syncing amd64 GENERIC with i386 GENERIC (removing LINUX stuff)

Hi,

the linux module is now usable on amd64 (thanks to kib@ and his commit
to the kernel linker in HEAD). I now want to sync amd64 GENERIC
with i386 GENERIC. This means removing the linux stuff from amd64
GENERIC. Anyone using the GENERIC kernel on amd64 would have to load
the modules, e.g., in loader.conf, like everyone else on i386.

While all involved people agree with me, the consensus was to give
people a chance to provide *strong* reasons to not do it.

If some committers give a "go ahead" or "no objection" I will do this
tomorrow, else I will wait some days (3-6).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
'Everything will be all right. From History's point of view, that is. There really isn't any other.'
(Mort)