Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:57:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ladislav Kostal <ladislav.kostal@fem.uniag.sk>
To:        Steven Huwig <sjh13@po.cwru.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.2.0 / Matrox G400 / DRI

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Steven Huwig wrote:

> Under XFree86-4.1.0 I had DRI working using the drm-kmod port and
> WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER="YES" when building X from ports. I installed
> 4.2.0 and when the dri module is enabled, my machine hangs and then
> reboots itself. Has anyone else seen this, and is it an issue with my
> XFree86, my FreeBSD, or possibly a hardware incompatibility? My mobo is
> an Abit KT7.

Same with ATI r128 when using drm-kmod from ports. Then I found unbuilded
kernel modules in XFree86 tree in port XFree86-4
(/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel)
and just type make in "r128" subdirectory (mga.ko module builds
successfully too). Then just kldload r128.ko (kldload agp; kldload linux
before), enable Load "dri" in XF86Config and it works...

Ladislav Kostal