Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:49:48 +0200
From:      Bernard Dugas <bernard.dugas@is-production.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        larse@isi.edu
Subject:   Any 4.10 installation on asus pundit ?

Hi,

I've tried to install the last freebds4.10 on an ASUS PUNDIT, from the
iso images downloaded from the freeBSD website.

But it can't install. It stops on a :

"ata0 : resetting devices"

And I couldn't manage to have the Broadcom BCM4401 bfe0 recognised even
if the 4.10 release notes tell bfe is included in 4.10 :

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/errata.html, 27 May 2004 addition.

How can I do ?

It seems that the problem was identified in 4.9 :
http://research.lumeta.com/ches/cheap/asus.html

and even earlier :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2003-August/000451.html

but there is no answer on the list.

I should have look at that before, but I was confident in freeBSD ;-)

Thanks a lot,
--

|  Technoparc Pays de Gex  mailto:bernard.dugas@is-production.com |