Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:55:15 -0700
From:      Eugene Lee <eugene@anime.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dns trouble, please help

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 04:51:21PM -0400, Wyatt Banks wrote:
:
: I set up a DNS server, and it works fine, but my reverse lookup seems to
: be set incorrectly.  When I nslookup anything, I get this:
:
: Server: mycomputer.cs.sunyit.edu.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa
:
: when it should read:
:
: Server: mycomputer.cs.sunyit.edu

You're missing a trailing period for your hostname somewhere, i.e. it
needs to read "mycomputer.cs.synyit.edu." (note the trailing period)
in your zone file.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net