Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 20:49:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        patrick@namesecure.com (Patrick Greenwell)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More problems....

Patrick Greenwell wrote...

> Continuing on with the instructions on installation, I created a
> customized kernel config file replacing sd with da and st with sa, etc.
>
> When attempting to do a make all I end up with:
>
> cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
> -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DAHC_TAGENABLE
> -DAHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE -DCOMPAT_43 -DMSDOSFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -c
> vers.c
> cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_xpt.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_sinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
> cam_periph.o: Undefined symbol `_cam_pinit' referenced from text segment
> dpt_scsi.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_alloc_bus' referenced from text
> segment
> dpt_scsi.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_attachdevs' referenced from text
> segment
> dpt_scsi.o: Undefined symbol `_scsi_done' referenced from text segment
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_odinit' referenced from data segment
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_cdinit' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Ideas?

Rebuild and re-install config.  Then re-config your kernel.

Take the DPT driver out of your kernel.  It isn't supported in that
snapshot.

If you have the OD driver in your kernel, take it out as well.

AHC_TAGENABLE and AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE are now turned on by default in the
Adaptec driver, and are not available as options, so you should take those
out of your kernel.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry