Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 15:31:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: Howto upgrade my 2.1.5 machine to 2.2 BETA ?

Insert the 2.2-BETA install disk, and select an upgrade.  Before you do
it, it's probably best to:

***	1 - make a backup copy of /etc to somewhere else.  I generally
!!!	    make two - one to the root filesystem, and one to another.

	2 - Write down all of the IP addressing information that's in
	    the /etc/sysconfig file.  An easy way to do this is to
	    print out your current sysconfig or keep a copy on another
	    machine.

	3 - Write down anything "odd" that you've configured with the
	    machine - have you put extra entries in /etc/services?
	    twiddled with the daily files?  etc.

	4 - Insert 2.2-BETA install and do an "upgrade".  It's fairly
	    painless, just don't try to do it over NFS at this point. :)

   -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)