Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:47:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

As I recall, wwoods@cybcon.com wrote:
> OK, this is what I am looking at doing..
> the easiest way to describe this is with
> a picture...
>
> ------------     -----------   dial
> |          |---->|         |---------> ISP
> |  Alpha   |     |  X86    |  up ppp
> |----------|     |---------|
>
> I have a crossover cable that I plan on useing to network the two
> systems together and I was wondering where I would look for the
> instructions on how to set up the networking between the two boxes.  I
> know I need to use ppp -alias (my isp) for the dialing out.
>
> Any pointers greatly appreciated.
>
> William

Look in the tutorials section.  There's something called the
"Pendantic PPP tutorial" that tells in excrutiating detail how to
do exactly what you're asking.

On a 3.2 system, it's in /usr/doc/en/tutorials/ppp (from memory,
don't quote me).

Or try "locate tutorial | grep ppp", perhaps.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net