Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:26:40 +0100
From:      <Helge.Oldach@atosorigin.com>
To:        <vivek@khera.org>, <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: opinion on which software RAID to use

Vivek,=20

Frankly, for smaller, desktop-sized boxen I prefer atacontrol. Once set =
up at installation time, it just works. I even managed to hotswap drives =
on certain ATA controllers, provided that the drives are on different =
channels.

On the server end, I still prefer SCSI-based hardware RAID.

YMMV.

Helge