Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:16:14 -0700
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tracking down causes of crashes

All,

I am running (From uname -a):

FreeBSD diarmadhi.mushhaven.net 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #2: Sun Aug
8 12:09:11 GMT 1999     root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/DIARMADHI  i386

Now, I am running an Abit dual socket 370 mainboard with 2 Celeron 500
CPU's. All work fine under low load, but should I raise the load (Say
by running Seti@Home, within 2 hours it just freezes up.

Now, what I want to know is is there a web page or tutorial somewhere on
debugging things like this? What can I look for to see what is causing it?
Running either proc alone on the board with a non-SMP mainboard works fine,
so it would seem to be something related to SMP...

Help?

Jamie