Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:44:26 +0200
From:      "Piotr Sroczynski" <piotr@m1.com>
To:        Devin Butterfield <dbutter@db.wireless.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP & 4.1 Release

> > Is it possible to stop any PnP operation (checking, seting) during
> > boot?
> >

> Can I ask specifically what problems you're having or what you are
> trying to accomplish?

I want install 4.1 RELEASE on my old 486's, with ISA bus only and
without bios PnP support.

First has SMC EliteULTRA 8416 software selectable PnP operation
- ethernet
Second has Emerging Technology ET-25 (not PnP) - synchronous
interface

Problems (with 4.1 only, 2.2.7 works perfectly):
Ad. 1 - SMC's are "unknown" for 4.1 Setting PnP "on" or "off" has
no visible effect. All my card eeprom settings (port,int,mem,etc) are
changed after start-up.
Ad. 2 - The system hangs on start-up. May be because during PnP
scanning, something was written to register.

I think that If I could stop PnP scanning and setting, my problems
will be solved.

Best Regards,
Piotr Sroczynski