Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 2015 18:42:05 +0000
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>, Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking@gmail.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The minimum amount of memory needed to use ZFS.

If you want something small and cheap you could look at a Celeron based
Intel nuc or similar.  I think I built mine for about =C2=A3150, it has an =
ssd
and 4gb or ram and runs zfs on root fine. It's basically a beefy router
with inbuilt transparent web caching. It works well and is relatively low
power for what I need. The pi and aurdino would be in a different league
though in both senses of power
On 23 Dec 2015 17:58, "Bob Bishop" <rb@gid.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 23 Dec 2015, at 12:14, andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed 2015-12-23 21:43:37 UTC+1100, Stephen Hocking (
> stephen.hocking@gmail.com) wrote:
> >
> >> Inspired by this article:
> >>
> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/12/rsync-net-zfs-repli=
cation-to-the-cloud-is-finally-here-and-its-fast/