Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:48:37 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <no-spam@swiftdsl.com.au>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Cc:        Umar Draz <umar@naseebnetworks.com>, openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is this?

--nextPart1725651.TtHhBOD8vH

On Sunday 03 September 2006 15:04, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hey Man!
>
>    Why you update ports tree if openoffice not available through freebsd
> pcakge. Unfortunatly i updated my ports tree and use
>
> portupgrade -ar
>
> Its also update my existing openoffice 2 there is no package available so
> its update through source and it'll take three days to compile.

If you don't want to build from source, why don't you either use=20
portupgrade -PPa or edit /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and specify the apps=
=20
you only want to use packages for:

  USE_PKGS_ONLY =3D [
   'en-openoffice*',
  ]

Much better than grumbling to the nice people that do all the hard work mak=
ing=20
openoffice run for you :-)

=2D-=20
Ian